Last Updated: March 15, 2017
This policy applies to our website www.sherlock.bike.it (hereinafter, the “Site”) under Sections 13 and 122 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 “Data Protection Code” (hereinafter “Data Protection Code “), and according to the Italian Data Protection Authority Provisions of May 8, 2014 and June 5, 2015,
Cookies are small text files that are sent to the Users’ terminal equipment (usually to the Users’ browser) by visited websites; they are stored in the Users’ terminal equipment to be then re-transmitted to the websites on the Users’ subsequent visits to those websites.
When navigating a website, Cookies reveal the visited pages on our Site, thus we can deliver content tailored to our Users interests or inform them in case of compatibility problems.
If you disable the cookies that we use, this may impact your user experience while on the Sherlock Site and while using our Services.
On our website we use:
Technical cookies are those used exclusively with a view to “carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network, or insofar as this is strictly necessary to the provider of an information society service that has been explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide the said service.” (see Section 122(1) of the Code).
They are not used for further purposes and are usually installed directly by the data controller or the website manager. They can be further subdivided into:
– Browsing or session cookies: which allow Users to navigate and use a website;
– Analytics cookies: similar to the technical cookies, they are used directly by the website manager to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors and the pattern of visits to the website;
– Functional cookies: which allow Users to navigate as a function of certain pre-determined criteria (such as language or buying preferences) in order to improve the quality of service.
that allow a user browsing the function of a set of selected criteria (for example, the language or buying preferences) in order to improve the quality.
Users’ prior consent is not necessary to install these cookies, whilst information under Section 13 of the code has to be provided in the manner considered to be most appropriate by the website manager – if only such cookies are relied upon
This site contains links to other Web sites. While navigating on an Internet site, Users can receive on their terminal cookies sent from different web sites or servers (so-called “Third Party”), on which can reside some elements (eg: sounds, images, videos, links to pages on other domains) on the Site that the Users themselves are visiting.
Third-Party Cookies are also used to integrate third-party functionality in Sherlock Site (for example, insertion of video, inclusion of social network maps or icons that allow visitors to share the content of the Site). Third-Party Cookies can also be sent from the domains of Sherlock Partner Sites.
Therefore, in accordance with local regulations, Users’ consent relating to Third-Party cookies can be expressed by using specific configurations of the Users’ browser and computer programs or devices which specifically prevent the installation of Third-Party Cookies . Users can take vision of our Third Parties to the link below. Sherlock is not responsible in any way for Third-Party Sites.
Sherlock uses web beacons and pixel tags which are images embedded in a web page or an email in order to measure and analyze the use of the Site. Sherlock or a Third-Party Service Provider, acting on behalf of Sherlock, may use web beacons and pixel tags to analyze the use of the Site and improve its functionality.
Users can take vision of the list of our Third-Parties to the links below. Sherlock is not responsible in any way for Third-Party Sites. Users can denied their consent about targeted ads, if desired. This does not inhibit any cookies’ setting, but avoid the use and collection of some data by the Third-Party.
Additional information relating to the advertising cookies and possibilities of withdrawal, can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu/uk/
Sherlock also uses Facebook and Twitter pixel tags to analyze the effectiveness of marketing campaigns conducted through these social networks.
Third-Parties cookies services
Sherlock may use the following Third-Parties cookies:
- YouTube Video – movies: see the YouTube policy at http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/privacy/
- Google Maps – maps: see the Google Maps policy at http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/privacy/
- Mail munch (pop-up newsletter subscription) that checks if Users are logged in, in order to propose or not to propose the pop-up. See the Mail munch policy at https://www.mailmunch.co/privacy/
- Cookies for automatic translation of the site, depending on the location of the accessing Users.
- WordPress: our Site was created using WordPress; see the WordPress policy at https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Cookies